Bats are usually able to exist near human homes without making their presence known. However, with decreasing amounts of habitat available for bats (e.g., trees being cleared), bats may find their way into man-made structures. Bats use existing openings (cracks as small as 1 ¼ inch by 3/8 of an inch) to enter buildings or to roost in attics.
- We first determine the Species of Bat.
- Then we make Sure There Are No Baby Bats!
- We inspect the home to find the entry point They Are Getting In from.
- We safely Remove the ENTIRE Colony with Bat Exclusion Devices.
- We seal up 100% of the Openings after we get rid of the bats.
- If needed we clean Up the Guano Droppings.
Is it bad to have bats around your house? Bat droppings, called guano, can cause health issues in humans, bats can get into the living area of a home, bat infestations left unchecked can lead to damage to the home as the weight of the guano can affect the attic floor/living quarters ceiling. The guano can also attract insects into the home.
Here are the top 7 signs that bats have infested your attic:
- You see the bats flying around your house during sunrise/sunset.
- Bats droppings/ guano.
- A Chirping sounds.
- Presences of guano in the attic.
- Scratches on the Walls.
- Presences of Brown/Black Stain Around Entry/Exit Points.
- Presences of Dead Bats Around your property.
Bat extermination or Bat eradication by a Bat exterminator is not in the best interest of this very beneficial animal. Bats extermination would negatively affect the environment and reduce the numbers of insect controlling Bats.
Is bat poop toxic? Histoplasmosis is a disease associated with the droppings of bats known as guano. The disease primarily affects the lungs and can be life threatening, particularly to those with a weakened immune system. It is transmitted when a person inhales spores from fungus that grow on bird and bat droppings.
What time of day are bats most active? Bats are the most active at night between the hours of dusk to dawn. As night approaches, bats begin to increase their activity. They will start flying around their cave and then leave in search of food and water. Bats will typically feed for about an hour or two, rest for a bit, then feed again before daybreak.